Faculty Research Mentors:
1. PICO-Rwanda workshops transform lives. The workshops fostered agency among those who attended, prompting entrepreneurial passion.
2. A creative mindset leads to solutions. With Human Centered Design Thinking, participants developed fresh approaches to address the challenges they face.
3. PICO through the eyes of a camera. Through our photography and videography work, we were able to gather information and qualitative data regarding how cooperatives and PICO involvement have benefitted the lives of Rwandans in both rural and urban settings.
1. Video stories. The films will contain narratives of communities that partner with PICO. We will create five short videos for online social media content, and a longer documentary to tell the story of PICO-Rwanda.
2. Analytical report on the workshops. A key innovation of the workshops was the use of Rwandans as co-presenters. This cultural exchange was crucial to the success of the training. Post-workshop evaluations with the communities will inform the analysis.
Unlocking an Entrepreneurial Spirit
3. Recommendations for PICO’s sustainable impact. This will suggest next steps for PICO-Rwanda to sustain its impact on communities over time, including the development of a PICO-Rwanda line of coffee.
Community Organizing for Sustainable Economic Development: Growth Opportunities