Faculty Research Mentors:
1. Direct contact with beneficiaries fuels impactful innovation. Farmerline is intentional about maintaining a farmer services team by including farmers in the development and piloting process. This reduces the burden of adoption on the end user while promoting constant innovation.
2. Mobile technology is effective for productivity. Supply chains that include rural smallholder farmers lack communication infrastructure, posing a serious obstacle to effective cooperation. The widespread availability of mobile phones increases traceability and improves extension through applications like Farmerline’s Mergdata platform.
3. Effective partnerships scale impact. By creating a flexible software platform available to other companies working with smallholder farmers, Farmerline is able to extend its impact beyond the reach of its own offices.
1. Impact Case Studies. A series of case studies to be featured on Farmerline’s website analyzes the impact of Farmerline’s business partnerships on both the businesses and farmers. These case studies examines how partners are using Farmerline’s services to and what the impact this has on the livelihoods of farmers.
2. Innovation Profile. This examines how Farmerline fosters a company culture and business processes that lead to ongoing, beneficiary-focused innovations. The profile proposes paths for Farmerline to maintain this culture while continuing to grow and scale.
3. Marketing Content. Ideation, photos and video as assets for Farmerline’s marketing efforts. These include design for Farmerline’s Mergdata website, flyers and banners to accompany field work, and concept advertisements for social media and billboard. This content synthesizes information about the company’s services and impact in order to effectively communicate Farmerline’s goals and achievements as a social enterprise.
Marketing ContentOpen the PDF